Take a picture in your mind

Go down

Take a picture in your mind

Post  The_Dark_1 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Hey guys, I had an interesting thought for discussion. I want everyone to give me snapshots that they think of that are indicative of each book. Since we are reading EOTW at the moment what are your thoughts on the first book. By snapshot I mean a moment captured in time of a major event in the story. For example on Winternight when Rand opens the door and there is a Trolloc there. I can envision that moment in time, the shock on Rands face, the Trolloc looming in the doorway. Another good one would be Lews Therin breaking the world. The bodies of his loved ones around him and the light overwhelms him. I want your thoughts on different scenes from the book that would make a good picture. I want to know what you guys find important to the overall storyline. My hope is at the end we can tell the story through various "visuals". I can't wait to see what you come up with.

The_Dark_1
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Take a picture in your mind

Post  Uncle Mart on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:34 pm

Son of a...

Yesterday I wrote a big comment here about 2 scenes I had in mind, complete with character analysis, and apparently it didn't post.

*sigh... I'll repost tomorrow after I've had some sleep.

Carry on.

Mart

Uncle Mart
Aes Sedai
Aes Sedai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:20 pm

You want a snapshot from book 1? How about this:

Rand's face is twisted with fear and his searching eyes reveal the thoughts of escape that thunder in his head. It's dark, and he and Mat are trapped in the storage room of the inn at Four Kings. Darkfriends are beating at the door as it inches slowly open, and Rand's face contorts in confusion and the urgency to escape as a bolt of lightening blows through the window and blasts down the door.

Damn I love that scene. Screw you darkfriends!

Or Lan's attack on Byar, the Whitecloak. The "disappearing" guards outside Perrin's tent are the friggin' best. They're there one moment, the next their gone. I can picture the look on Byar's face as the NIGHT convalesces in the doorway and attacks. Damnit I love Jordan's descriptions!

Ok, I'm hyperventilating...I'll stop now.
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down