Reflections on ch. 34-39

Go down

Reflections on ch. 34-39

Post  Eric Gaidin on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:14 am

Many important characters are introduced here: Aviendha, Bair, Chiad, Rhuarc, and Faile. The intro of Aviendha and Nynaeve's required Healing of the Aiel maiden starts Nynaeve's passion and skill for Healing. The intro of Faile, on the other hand, was not as I remembered. Perrin is not taken by her one bit, and even has trouble deciding whether or not she's pretty. As a Hunter for the Horn, Faile is tenacious and almost obnoxious. The fact that she has a good head on her shoulders is obvious from the beginning.

One scene in particular really struck me. Nynaeve, Elayne, and Egwene are knocked unconscious and are to be sold to three Myrddraal. In this section, chapter 39 specifically, Nynaeve uses balefire for the first time. This is the first instance of balefire in the series, although a few characters have mentioned it in the past. What's interesting to note is that Nynaeve discovers the weave for balefire completely on accident. She doesn't really even know what she did. This is a common occurrence in the novels--characters fumble in the dark as they learn about the One Power. The Age of Legends, therefore, must have carried a much more rigorous and extensive training regimen, if these complex weaves were commonly known. The Third Age truly is the end of a dark-age period.
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

^.^

Post  StephEN on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 pm

I love that they're always learning stuff by mistake! It makes for amusing stories when they're taken by surprise.

There's like no chats on this book! :-/

StephEN
Aiel Spearman
Aiel Spearman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reflections on ch. 34-39

Post  Eric Gaidin on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm hoping the chatter pics up with the introduction of the new novel.
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Reflections on ch. 34-39

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down