Sanderson's web site - A Memory of Light info

Go down

Sanderson's web site - A Memory of Light info

Post  Eric Gaidin on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 am

CLICK HERE FOR HIS WEB SITE

Sanderson is apparently done with the first draft of the book. He has a progress meter on his web site, which is pretty crazy.
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Sanderson isn't done

Post  The_Dark_1 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:08 pm

I went to the website and was tooling around for a while and saw his progress meter at 105%. I then read about his progress bars he puts on his website. If you notice there are two there. The progress bar on bottom is how much of the book he has written. Don't let the 105% fool you. The way he works it is to him his books are normally around 200k words. Every 2000 words written he adds a percent. With MoL he realized this wasn't going to be possible to do in 200k words so he upped it to 400k words(the longest of any book in WOT). He then said that he is going to to probably end up somewhere between 650-750k words. This means the percentage will go up to around 150 or 160%. He also stated that TOR has mentioned something about breaking it up into 2 volumes. He is still writing it as 1 volume but the decision is ultimately up to the publisher. As for the progress bar on the top that represents how much of the completed work has been revised. We may have a long wait guys.

The_Dark_1
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanderson's web site - A Memory of Light info

Post  Peter on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:12 pm

You got my hopes up when i read the 105%, but now that i read the rest of my message im freezing myself so someone can unfreeze me once the books are out. See you in almost a year.

Peter
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:21 am

Don't freeze yourself too long. You may end up being unfrozen after WWIII wherein all of Jordan's books were vaporized in nuclear strikes. Then, in a cruel twist of fate, instead of EVERYONE waiting a decade to read the final book, you will have become the ONLY person not to read it. Sounds like a Twilight Zone episode.
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:34 am

By the by, Sanderson has written about 436,000 words of Memory of Light. This, according to his progress bar. He explains his writing process, and incorporating Jordan's own words and notes here:

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/page/56/A-Memory-of-Light-Progress-Bar-FAQ

Need that in perspective? A Knife of Dreams is 783 pages long, so roughly 234,900 words @ 300 words/page. Jordan can be wordy, so even at 350 words/page, it's still only 274,050 words. Sanderson is up to 436,000 words--that's 60% bigger--and is still going. This book is going to be a friggin' MONSTER. It'll have to be published in two volumes, there's no physical way it can be bound together otherwise. So, think of it this way. They'll probably release vol. 1 around December or January (gives us a little more time to re-read the series). Then, once they've appeased the public with that release, they'll probably release the second volume after much editing. They'll want to get the ending perfect.

So...

CONGRATS JORDAN! You lied! There are going to be 13 BOOKS! Laughing
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down