Countdown to Tarmon Gai'don
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will become of Matt and the Daughter of the Nine Moons?

3 posters

Go down

What will become of Matt and the Daughter of the Nine Moons? Empty What will become of Matt and the Daughter of the Nine Moons?

Post  The_Dark_1 Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm

What part do you think Matt will play in the final battle?

The_Dark_1
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

What will become of Matt and the Daughter of the Nine Moons? Empty Re: What will become of Matt and the Daughter of the Nine Moons?

Post  Eric Gaidin Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:53 pm

He obviously has to blow the Horn of Valere. The Hundred Companions must be at the Last Battle. Speaking of which, do we know where the horn is since he blew it? Mat hasn't been carrying it around all this time, right?
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

https://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What will become of Matt and the Daughter of the Nine Moons? Empty Where the heck is the Horn

Post  The_Dark_1 Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:08 am

I vaguely remember something happening with the horn, a mention of where it was. But I also just go done with Martin's series and they have a similar horn in their mythology.

The_Dark_1
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

What will become of Matt and the Daughter of the Nine Moons? Empty Re: What will become of Matt and the Daughter of the Nine Moons?

Post  Eric Gaidin Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:19 am

I'm sure the idea of the horn is nothing new. Fantasy writers steal from various cultural mythologies all of the time. It'd be neat to research this though.
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What will become of Matt and the Daughter of the Nine Moons? Empty Martin's Horn

Post  The_Dark_1 Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:31 pm

In Martin's book, "The Horn of Winter" is a legendary horn said to wake the giants of the world.

The_Dark_1
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:00 pm

Sorry i would have commented earlier on some stuff but i was in Vermont and i didnt have much time to reply to anything, or even remember about the books.

I just reread the whole series over the summer and if i recall correctly the horn is in Tar valon.

Peter
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:10 am

There's some research I want to do concerning horns in Anglo-Saxon and Norse culture. I can't remember if there's reference to one in Beowulf.
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down