Countdown to Tarmon Gai'don
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 36: Web of the pattern

3 posters

Go down

Chapter 36: Web of the pattern Empty Chapter 36: Web of the pattern

Post  kimwhite624 Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Just something I noticed throughout the story, when Perrin is traveling with Egwene and Elyas, he keeps thinking that he wished he was more like Rand with the ladies. This way he didn't sound like an idiot when talking to Egwene. In this chapter Rand and Mat are shown to their rooms by a serving maid at the Queen's Blessing. Rand thinks to himself how pretty she was, and that "she made him wish he had Perrin's way with girls". Just got the connection between the two. This embarrassment with girls also reminds me how young these boys are. Throughout the story and all of the jouney's they go through, it seems to age them, but in reality they are only in their late teens. (children compared to the old man who recomended I read this story)

kimwhite624
Aes Sedai
Aes Sedai

Back to top Go down

Chapter 36: Web of the pattern Empty Re: Chapter 36: Web of the pattern

Post  Peter Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Another interesting thing to note from this is the three boys are always getting into situations with girls, and each time they think to themselves, if only i was one of the other two they are good with girls. It just shows the truth that while you might think someone is better at something than you, they really might have no clue and might think the same of you.

Peter
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Post  kimwhite624 Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:48 am

Kind of like things aren't always as they seem. This is very true in real life. I think of the quote "the grass is always greener on the other side"

I like your thinking Pete!

kimwhite624
Aes Sedai
Aes Sedai

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:44 pm

It's interesting that even among friends you still need to portray a certain persona. That, or the three boys simply believe that they are so awful with girls that the others have to be better. I don't remember seeing this with Mat though. He's the ladies man of the group.
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

https://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:03 pm

O i seemed to remember that even Mat would think to himself that Rand or Perrin were good with ladies. Maybe i am mistaken, but the point is still the same.

Peter
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 pm

No, you're right, Mat does express the same concerns. However, he's the first of the three boys to come into maturity on this topic--at least he becomes the womanizer. Flirting is something he takes a fondness to rather quickly. Perrin even mutters those quips of inexperience when he's with Faile.
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

https://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Ok yeah i agree with that. Mat is definally the woman's man.

Peter
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down