Countdown to Tarmon Gai'don
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollocs, and Myrdraal and Drakhar, oh my!

3 posters

Go down

Trollocs, and Myrdraal and Drakhar, oh my! Empty Trollocs, and Myrdraal and Drakhar, oh my!

Post  Eric Gaidin Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:02 pm

One of the best scenes of the novel, by far, is when they are escaping from Baerlon. Here, readers are still scared of Trollocs and, heck, even Myrdraal. Don't get me wrong, Fades are freaky even in book 11 but they lose their fear factor after awhile. Not here baby. Rand, Moiraine, Lan, Perrin, Mat, Nynaeve, Egwene, Thom...what better cast of characters is there?

Lets create the mood. Rand is damn near killed by a Fade in the Stag and Lion. The thing, once it sees Lan come (this is my favorite part), melts into the shadows at the end of the corridor. Now that's cool: 1) the damn thing can travel within shadows...where can't it go? 2) Lan SCARED a Fade...holy crap! Lan gets a badass point for that one. Rest assured folks, more badass points to come.

The fight with the Trollocs and the Fades is nothing short of spectacular. The One Power is used in an interesting way (firewall--holds the Trollocs at bay for a bit), but better yet, Mat yells out the ancient battle call of Manetheren. I just got shivers rethinking this scene. Perrin is almost unhorsed by a Trolloc catchpole. The group gets separated from Moiraine and Lan during the battle--can you imagine that? Lan has given you a week of isntruction with the sword and now you're fending off Trollocs to battle for your life. Nuts.
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

https://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Trollocs, and Myrdraal and Drakhar, oh my! Empty Re: Trollocs, and Myrdraal and Drakhar, oh my!

Post  kimwhite624 Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:20 pm

Pretty wild. I agree it was coold. But I think you said it a bit better, and definately with more enthusiasm. I haven't really gotten shivers about this book yet. But it is cool. I find myself rereading alot, because with all the descritption my mind kind of wanders.

kimwhite624
Aes Sedai
Aes Sedai

Back to top Go down

Trollocs, and Myrdraal and Drakhar, oh my! Empty Re: Trollocs, and Myrdraal and Drakhar, oh my!

Post  Peter Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Every time i read that section of the book, even though i know the outcome, it still sends shivers down my spine wondering what is going to happen. At parts like this (which there are many of), i always can't put down the book until i finish reading. Another proof of how well a writer RJ was.

Peter
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum