Countdown to Tarmon Gai'don
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 32: Four Kings in Shadow...could be a spoiler/prediction

4 posters

Go down

Chapter 32: Four Kings in Shadow...could be a spoiler/prediction Empty Chapter 32: Four Kings in Shadow...could be a spoiler/prediction

Post  kimwhite624 Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Now I am alittle ahead of the game at this part because I over heard Eric and Ryan talking about Rand being a male weilder of the one power (which didn't make sense until now).... so at the end of this chapter, it describes how Mat and Rand escape from Howal Gode. Rand feels his body being picked up and thrown against a wall, apparently the lightening just so happened to strike arround them and their attackers were killed. I read it 3 times and something seems off to me.

Here are my thoughts: Rand was under extreme pressure, during life or death situaitons people do the unthinkable, including weilding the one power. I thought of when Morraine was talking to Nynaeve about being an Aes Sedai and Nynaeve told us the story of how she saved Egwene from the fever. So I figured it seems like because Rand was under pressure to escape he weilded the one power with out knowing it. He does however seem to recognize something is up when his thoughts are "Luck. The Light's own....Is it?" Now I am wondering if he will experience some sort of condition as a side effect, such as chills.....I will have to see! Onward to Chapter 33!

kimwhite624
Aes Sedai
Aes Sedai

Back to top Go down

Chapter 32: Four Kings in Shadow...could be a spoiler/prediction Empty Re: Chapter 32: Four Kings in Shadow...could be a spoiler/prediction

Post  Eric Gaidin Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Well now...Kim just robbed me of a post, lol. I'll analyze it too when I get to it I guess.
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

https://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter 32: Four Kings in Shadow...could be a spoiler/prediction Empty Re: Chapter 32: Four Kings in Shadow...could be a spoiler/prediction

Post  Peter Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Wow kim, you are really getting into this.

I agree with the fact that he did it unknowlingly under extreme pressure. Having read a lot of other fantasy series, this effect seems to appear quite often, especially when the main character does not know what he is doing, or even that he can do it.

Peter
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Mart Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 am

This isn't something foreign to the characters in the novels either. Even those who fail to become Aes Sedai are not turned away before being taught enough to avoid killing themselves.

Mart

Uncle Mart
Aes Sedai
Aes Sedai

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:53 pm

MART! Good lord, 10 text messages and 4 emails later...I'm either very unpersuasive or just tenacious. Anyways, yes, Jordan is pretty consistent here. Access to the One Power usually only comes to one under duress for the first time. If this were common knowledge, I wouldn't want to piss off a teenager--ever! "You don't ever do your homework; you're never going to amount to anything!" "Son of a bit..." *lightning blast* Yeah, would never be a teacher in Randland.
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

https://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down