Countdown to Tarmon Gai'don
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 43: Decisions and Apparitions

2 posters

Go down

Chapter 43: Decisions and Apparitions Empty Chapter 43: Decisions and Apparitions

Post  Eric Gaidin Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:24 am

This chapter is monumental to the story. It's Jordan's Fellowship chapter. The characters are gathered in Caemlyn at the Queen's Blessing and finally decide that they need head to the Eye of the World, with Loial's help, to protect the Green Man and prevent the Dark One from using the power of the Eye. More importantly, however, we learn of the Ways in this chapter. The Ways were created by male Aes Sedai and therefore created with tainted saidin. I had forgotten WHY the Ways were evil--I just remembered that they were. Loial provides us with some great history in this chapter.

Also, Moiraine and Loial both explain the effects of ta'veren as well. ALSO, Rand and Mat have the extremely important dream with Ba'alzamon in this chapter as well (good lord there's a lot in this chapter). Jordan's symbolism is fantastic here--Jordan points to the ruby-hilted dagger, the wolf, and the sword, all as symbols of the three main characters. Plus, Ba'alzamon describes the cyclic nature of time in this universe which is not only really neat but also gives precedence to the current turning of the Wheel: Ba'alzamon argues that this time is different. The Pattern won't simply repeat itself again. I had completely forgotten this. This makes Tarmon Gai'don so much more important now. This truly is the Last Battle--the deciding battle of who will prevail. Great stuff.
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

https://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter 43: Decisions and Apparitions Empty Moraine's Ajah

Post  The_Dark_1 Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:33 pm

After reading your post I went to look at a chapter summary on Encyclopedia WOT. They always have footnotes filled with important content. Though not as big of a deal as everything else that went on in that chapter but this chapter is the first time Moraine's Ajah was revealed. Just a little fun fact for you.

The_Dark_1
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Chapter 43: Decisions and Apparitions Empty Re: Chapter 43: Decisions and Apparitions

Post  Eric Gaidin Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Wow, very cool. I didn't even realize it! I just had that in the back of my head the entire time I've been re-reading the book. Nice.
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

https://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter 43: Decisions and Apparitions Empty Moraine's Ajah

Post  The_Dark_1 Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:47 pm

Yeah I had done the same thing. Its been common knowledge to me for so long I didn't really think of it.

The_Dark_1
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Chapter 43: Decisions and Apparitions Empty Re: Chapter 43: Decisions and Apparitions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down