Countdown to Tarmon Gai'don
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 27: Within the Ways

4 posters

Go down

Chapter 27: Within the Ways Empty Chapter 27: Within the Ways

Post  The_Dark_1 Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:14 pm

This is a great Perrin chapter. I don't have the books on me so I can't pull out the exact passage. Perrin and Faile, Loil, and a few Aiel are traveling in the ways when Perrin smells Trollocs and Myrddraal. A battle ensues which Perrin ends by caving in the face of a Myrddraal. RJ's description of the ruined face was fantastic. If someone could pull that passage, it is one of many awesome Perrin moments in Shadow Rising.

The_Dark_1
Ta'veren
Ta'veren

Back to top Go down

Chapter 27: Within the Ways Empty Re: Chapter 27: Within the Ways

Post  Eric Gaidin Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 pm

I'm going to try to keep this in mind when I get to book 4. I'll pull it when I see it. Gotta love RJ's ability to describe gore! MMMMMASACRE!
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

https://robertjordan.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  StephEN Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:53 am

I'm still curious about what Perrin did to Faile some time in the Ways. It's brought up later in the book too and I don't know if maybe I just missed what it was he did. If anyone knows I'd love to be let in on that.

PS I looovvveee those two. Smile

StephEN
Aiel Spearman
Aiel Spearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 pm

The Perrin/Faile relationship becomes a driving force in books 9-11. The saga should not have continued past book 10, but we've all weighed in on the cumbersome nature of Crossroads of Twilight. They are a cute couple though.

Last edited by Eric Gaidin on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimwhite624 Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:12 pm

I don't want to give anything away, but the end of the book (or the section of the book with Perrin and Faile in it) is my favorite part so far. I can't wait until you get here. It reminds me of my knight in shinning armor concept. Very Happy

kimwhite624
Aes Sedai
Aes Sedai

Back to top Go down

Chapter 27: Within the Ways Empty Perrin

Post  StephEN Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:50 pm

I lovveeeddd Perrin's story in this book. It was definitely my favorite to follow. Him and Faile are by far the cutest, because Perrin's such a sincerely nice guy, not confused the way Rand is or a ladies man like Mat.

And which book are you talking about? The newest one??

StephEN
Aiel Spearman
Aiel Spearman

Back to top Go down

Post  kimwhite624 Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:07 pm

This one "Shadow Rising". I am actually only 1 book ahead of you (been busy reading pregnancy and baby books). And I am getting annoyed with "The Fires of Heaven" because there has not been much Perrin and Faile. Plus it is 900 pages, so a bit daunting at times.

kimwhite624
Aes Sedai
Aes Sedai

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:53 pm

But it does have Asmodean! Twisted Evil
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Gaidin Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:17 pm

The_Dark_1 wrote:This is a great Perrin chapter. I don't have the books on me so I can't pull out the exact passage. Perrin and Faile, Loil, and a few Aiel are traveling in the ways when Perrin smells Trollocs and Myrddraal. A battle ensues which Perrin ends by caving in the face of a Myrddraal. RJ's description of the ruined face was fantastic. If someone could pull that passage, it is one of many awesome Perrin moments in Shadow Rising.

Ask and thou shall receive.

"At the last instant, the creature [[Myrddraal)] spun away from Gaul, seemingly ignoring a spearpoint that thrust between its shoulders and came out below its throat, staring up at Perrin with the eyeless gaze that sent fear into every man's soul. Too late. Perrin's hammer fell, shattering head and eyeless gaze alike" (The Shadow Rising, ch. 27; p. 401 hardcover).
Eric Gaidin
Eric Gaidin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chapter 27: Within the Ways Empty Oohh!!

Post  StephEN Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:01 pm

I'm so excited about Asmodean!! I can't wait to see what happens there! :-D That means a lot of Rand stuff I suppose, right? Ohhh, don't tell me, I just can't wait to start reading it, my library ordered it from another lib. Sigh.

StephEN
Aiel Spearman
Aiel Spearman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down